See You At The Pole Shows Community Across the Nation Among Christians

Students across the nation gather around a flagpoles in front of their school campus on Sept. 28 to show their faith as Christians.

See You At The Pole is a worldwide Christian event where students come together to pray “for their school, friends, families, churches, and communities,” according to syatp.com, the official site of See You At The Pole. Dawson Bennett, senior, leads the time of prayer for students to come together and show their pride in their faith. He loves seeing people “not ashamed to be repping the Jesus team and just be out there to motivate and inspire people.” Tristan Sharp, junior, describes the event in few words, “We all gather around the pole in a circle, and last year we all prayed together individually and then together at the same time.”

Emily Johns, junior, hopes students and staff coming into the school during this time of prayer see Christians who are unashamed of their faith. Anyone walking or driving past the event can join in at any time, believers or not. Bennett hopes the short time of prayer covers the entire school year to comfort those who need comforting, give safety to the school, and keeps his peers safe wherever they go.

NHS students and staff are welcome to join in the event on Sept. 28, 2016 at 7 a.m. around the Armstrong flagpole.