Culinary Club Participates in Local Events

Students+represent+their+cookie+cups+at+the+Taste+of+the+Twin+Cities.+

Students represent their cookie cups at the Taste of the Twin Cities.

Culinary Club students secure third place in the Taste of the Valley on Oct. 13.

The Boys’ and Girls’ Brigade’s annual Taste of the Valley, formerly known as the Taste of Twin Cities, is a fundraising event that showcases local restaurants, bakeries and culinary arts programs. This event takes place at the Riverwalk Hotel in Neenah and guests have the opportunity to taste all of the different food items and vote for their favorites.

Culinary Club, led by teacher Debra Garbe, has been participating in this event for four years.

“This event provides such great experience and exposure for the students, as well as much needed practice for real world applications,”  Mrs. Garbe said regarding the event.

This year they created a trio of cookie cups in a variety of flavors. These flavors were exotic pina colada, classic s’mores and warm apple pie. Participating in this competition provided an opportunity for club members to practice their baking fundamentals in a fun environment.

The club looks forward to participating in more savory competitions soon, such as the Chile Throwdown on Nov. 5, and the Fox Valley Tech Chicken competition in December.

Chile Throwdown tickets can be purchased from Garbe or any culinary club members.