• April 9Thursday, April 4 Girls Soccer - Home vs. Bay Port, 7 p.m.
  • April 9Thursday, April 4 Softball - Home vs. Kimberly, 5 p.m.
  • April 9Wednesday, April 3 Baseball - Home vs. Kimberly, 4:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events

Polls

Do you think the snow will continue?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mini-torials: Snowy slams and salutes

Salutes:

• The GSA presentations to the Freshman Seminar classes went well. The freshman, reportedly, learned a lot, and it is refreshing to see the school working to spread awareness to underclassmen.
  • A “bags of giving” event is being held by one of the Freshman Seminar classes. This seems like a good way to celebrate the holidays.
  • The calculus class started the weekly event “ugly sweater Tuesday.” This has spread past the calculus rooms and is a fun way for students to make the weekdays more interesting.
  • The SEA Club is going to ring bells at school tomorrow in order to raise money for the Salvation Army.
  • The French Club t-shirts look very nice, and it is fun when the students in French Club wear them on the same day.
Slams:
  • Journalism and Creative Writing are not listed as classes on the incoming seniors forecast sheet. This is a problem for students who are potentially interested in these classes.
  • The wifi in the school is inconsistent. Students have been complaining this week about the dissolution of the public wifi and the sub par quality of the student wifi.
  • The parking lot is extremely icy. Students have to be very careful while walking and driving.
  • Speaking of driving, some students are being a bit too reckless while driving in the parking lot. Now that weather conditions are more dangerous, it is time to slow down and focus on your surroundings.
  • Student complaints don’t seem to be taken seriously enough. The process for recognizing a serious student complaint is slow, and action on the complaint is even slower.