NHS Hosts a Plethora of Events to Show Pride

Torianna Jaque designed the shirt, which will be sold starting on Sept. 26.

Homecoming week commences on Sept. 25 with events modeled after the theme “Neenah With Pride.”

The annual homecoming assembly starts after second mod on Sept. 25. That night, the Lion King will be projected on the wall of Pickard at dusk. The community of Neenah is invited to pack a car with friends and blankets for the drive-in movie. Students and staff are expected to dress in red and white. Seniors may choose to wear black.

Dress up in ties or tie dye on Sept. 26. Seniors agreedĀ upon wearing togas. Nights games will begin at 7 p.m. at Memorial Park on Tullar Road. Homecoming shirt sales begin Tuesday. Each shirt costs $10 and $4 from each sale will support reopening a high school in Humble, Texas, currently dealing with damage from hurricane Harvey. Freshmen interested in purchasing a shirt should bring money with them to their seminar class on Friday, as people will stop by to make sales.

Come out to Rocket Stadium for Powder Puff football and to support fellow classmates on Sept. 27. Games begin at 6:30 p.m. The theme for the day is clubs and sports, meaning that students can dress in an outfit which best represents the activities in which they are involved. Seniors voted on wearing a stereotypical tourist outfit.

Throwback Thursday falls on Sept. 28. Wear retro gear to school, whether that be windbreakers, overalls, or simple choker necklaces. Seniors might be seen in outfits inspired by senior citizens. No after-school activities fall on Thursday night because of the Green Bay Packers playing the Chicago Bears.

Although school is out of session for students on Sept. 29, the homecoming parade starts at 4:30 p.m. The route begins at the Neenah Pool and ends Downtown near Greene’s Pour House. Afterwards, a tailgate with food, music, games and face paint at NHS begins the pre-game hype. Bring $4 to participate. Enter through door four between 5:30 and 7 p.m. The Rockets play the Hortonville Polar Bears at 7 p.m.

Homecoming dance tickets can be found in front of the main office, before and after school, Monday – Thursday. Each ticket costs $10. Students must buy them at school, as they will not be sold at the dance. The dance will be held on Sept. 30 at 8 p.m.

Students can post homecoming week photos of outfits or events using the hashtag NHSHOCO17.

Photo by: Emily Roberts