Students stand and have shirts signed by the basketball players in Neenah, WI on Feb, 3, 2023

Elementary School Students Visit Boys’ Basketball Game, Not Disappointed After Loss

February 4, 2023

The boys’ basketball team battled against the Fox Valley Association’s #1-ranked Fond du Lac Cardinals this Friday, ending in a narrow 66-68 loss.

“It was a hard-fought battle, with each team back and forth, for both the 1st and 2nd half.  Both of them played really well on offense and defense.  It came down to the end of the game, and we tried to do our best to get it to end up in our favor.  It didn’t end in our favor, but we have to stay strong through the end of the season, put this one behind us and focus on the future,” player #12, Brady Corso, said.

Elementary-aged visitors filled the stands and the areas around the hoops.  During the final minutes of free throws, they made faces and hollered at various Fond du Lac players.  This was insufficient to disrupt the Cardinals’ shots, as their lead expanded to a point where Corso’s last-minute 3-pointer could not cover the difference.

“Our defense in the second half could have been a little bit better, could have gotten a couple more stops, which would have helped us more in the late game to get us ahead,” Corso, a junior, said.

Despite the loss, many children were eager to get their shirts and posters signed by the players.  Sitting in a long line, the team collectively handled a large crowd of children, posing for photographs and signing away.

Friday’s loss brings the Rockets to an 8-5 conference record and 11-8 overall.

View Comments(1)

Satellite • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (1)

All Satellite Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• E

Ellie BinghamMar 20, 2023 at 12:48 PM

The website altogether is a great resource for students, staff, and peers from Neenah High School. Specifically looking at this article, the article truly shows the impact that this team has on the Neenah community and younger players. Great job to the writer and all participants of the Neenah Satellite.

Reply
1