• April 9Thursday, April 4 Girls Soccer - Home vs. Bay Port, 7 p.m.
  • April 9Thursday, April 4 Softball - Home vs. Kimberly, 5 p.m.
  • April 9Wednesday, April 3 Baseball - Home vs. Kimberly, 4:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events

Polls

Do you have a summer job lined up?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Neenah Key Club Sweeps Awards at District Service Convention

Club boasts one of the largest clubs in terms of members and hours
Photo by: Diane Underhill
Neenah High School Key Club members (Fiona Hendrickson, Elise Hendrickson, Chloe Sieman, left to right) with awards after ceremony.

Three Neenah Key Club members attended the district convention March 15-17 at the Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan, taking home over 20 awards recognizing the club’s chapter. 

Key Club is an international service organization within the Kiwanis Family that aims to engage high school students in community service and involvement. Neenah boasts one of the largest Key Clubs in the Wisconsin-Upper Michigan District of Key Club in terms of active members and hours. For 2024, Neenah’s Key Club holds over 110 paying members, and the club has amassed 2,700 hours of local volunteering.

Chloe Sieman won the international Sandy Nininger Award, representative of personal growth and dedication to service throughout high school. 

Elise Hendrickson, president-elect of the club, secured the spot as Lutentient Governor for Division 6 of the WIUM Key Club District, serving schools across the Fox Valley and Green Bay regions. 

Both Sieman and Hendrickson were chosen as the two student speakers for the awards ceremony, presenting their district-wide contest-winning essays and speeches respectively.

Neenah Key Club as a group was awarded the Best Poster Award, Divisional Theme Award, and Single Service Award for their partnerships with Pillars of Appleton and the Hope Fridge of Neenah. 

Individual Awards were given to club adviser Diane Underhill for Outstanding Kiwanis Adviser, Elise Hendrickson for Distinguished Vice President, and Chloe Sieman for Distinguished Member.

A group of students were recognized for their hours logged with Key Club. The District Service Hour award was given to all students who have completed a minimum of 50 hours of service in the last year, recipients include: Nina Bhattacharjee, Fiona Hendrickson and Avery Gentile. The Commitment to Key Club Service Award was given to all students who have completed a minimum of 75 hours of service in the last year recipients include: Oliva Archambo, Elise Hendrickson, Lauren Linstedt, Madison Oeftger, Chloe Sieman, Annika Searles and Brenna Pickett.