• April 9Thursday, April 4 Girls Soccer - Home vs. Bay Port, 7 p.m.
  • April 9Thursday, April 4 Softball - Home vs. Kimberly, 5 p.m.
  • April 9Wednesday, April 3 Baseball - Home vs. Kimberly, 4:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events

Polls

Do you think the snow will continue?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mini-torial: November in action

Salutes:

• The Veterans Day presentation was very well done and inspiring.
  • The school is improving due in part to the community service work by the Freshman Seminar classes. Their window writings, bake sales, and other good deeds are making Neenah and Neenah High School better places.
  • The janitors have continued their excellent work, and even though their official day of recognition was October 2, we would still like to acknowledge them.
  • The school’s effort to get students involved with the gubernatorial election is commendable. We want to bring attention to the school’s effort of raising student interest and awareness in regards to voting.
  • The foreign language and AFS clubs organized a trip to the Milwaukee Folk Fair. This event showed an interest in expanding cultural knowledge.
  • The project-based learning classes are providing an interesting new approach to education. It will be fascinating to see how they progress.
Slams
  • The new entrance to the library is inconvenient. Both teachers and students have expressed their disapproval of this entrance.
  • The temperature fluctuation throughout the school has been troubling to the students. Some classrooms are freezing, while others are too stuffy. It is hard to dress according to temperature.
  • The laptops from the laptop carts do not work well with Schoology. This makes it difficult to efficiently complete classwork assigned on the website.
  • The fact that the announcements take place on Tuesday is strange. It may be better to have them take place on Monday, so a weekly plan can be set for the school each Monday.
  • The bathrooms in the school are in need of repairs. There are many problems with the facilities, from the sinks to the stalls. Updates seem to be necessary, especially in the smaller, more secluded bathrooms of the school such as the ones near the tech wing.