• April 9Thursday, April 4 Girls Soccer - Home vs. Bay Port, 7 p.m.
  • April 9Thursday, April 4 Softball - Home vs. Kimberly, 5 p.m.
  • April 9Wednesday, April 3 Baseball - Home vs. Kimberly, 4:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events

Polls

Do you think the snow will continue?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Blogging spring break: Bayonne home stay

By: Editors Alyx Prieto and Addie Zwick

French students blog their spring break in Bayonne, France.

We started the day off with a five-hour train ride through the country on the TGV (Train Grand Vitesse). After arriving in Bayonne we took a bus to Lycée Rene Cassin where we were welcomed by our host students. Prieto stayed with Camille and Zwick stayed with Philippine.

Pleasant surprises came with settling into our new French homes such as the friendly atmosphere and authentic home-cooking. Noting the multiple tropical plants on the way to the host’s home we chatted in French. After eating we gifted our host families and went to bed.

The second day began with a filling breakfast and a hot drink. We rode to school with our hosts and took a train to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. The town was highlighted by Basque homes, farms and mountains. Held within the town were medieval ruins that we decided to climb. The rest of the day was spent exploring the captivating Basque culture until we returned home to our families.

On the third day we visited Biarritz, a coastline town with a large shopping district.

Saint-Jean-de-Luz was the journey of the fourth day, which we started with a warm and sunny trip to the beach, followed by plenty of shopping and delicious Basque food. That night, the American students and their host families attended a dinner at a culinary school in Anglet to celebrate the week.

The next day, Saturday, was a day for the American students to spend with their host families. Alyx went to a delicious French restaurant in Bayonne and spent the day shopping and wandering in Bayonne. Addie went to San Sebastian, Spain, with her family in the morning and visited her friend Lauranne, whom she hosted last year in Neenah, during the afternoon.

Everyone met at the Bayonne train station at 10 the next morning and bid a reluctant farewell to their host families. We already miss them and we hope that we will see them again.