Neenah: Our Home

Jacob Theisen, Photography Editor

What makes Neenah so special to us?

This place we work, study and adventure in with friends. For the most of us, Neenah is so much more than just a place we go home to every night. Neenah makes us who we are.

What are some of your favorite locations in Neenah? Comment below; or snap a shot of your favorite spot, and tag the Satellite on Instagram @neenah.satellite.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Neenah: Our Home”

1. Katie Fieldhack on February 21st, 2018 9:12 AM

I love this! As someone who has lived in Neenah for the vast majority of my life, these pictures bring about a sense of great nostalgia of exploring my beloved city with good friends and family. It’s hard for me to choose one specific location in Neenah that is my favorite, but some of my favorites include: Southview park, which is close to my house and contains the tennis courts I learned to play on, the swings I spent all my childhood Summers on, and the baseball fields where I played tee ball and met some of my best friends on. Another favorite location of mine is the public pool, near downtown. Similar to Southview, I spent many Summers growing up there. From the pool itself, to the water slides and the diving board, to the sand area full of toys, and the snack bar with cold ice cream treats and delicious soft pretzels, I love the pool. In fact, I love it so much that when I was fifteen I began working there. This Summer will be my third year working at the pool, and I cherish it greatly. Finally, another of my favorite Neenah locations is the Brigade downtown, or more specifically, the Brigade parking lot. Thought this may sound like a strange answer, the reason I love it so much is that the parking lot is where the buses depart for Onaway summer camp every year. I have been attending the camp since I was in sixth grade, and just driving past the parking lot instills a sense of childlike excitement within me that I can hardly explain with words. Overall, I am proud to have been raised in Neenah, and I love this town.

2. CJ Arboleda on March 20th, 2018 12:37 PM

I think that this article was very well written and I also appreciated the use of pictures that represents Neenah in the aspect of it being a small town with lots of things to do. Growing up in Neenah, this acts as a very potent description of what this town offers for those that don’t know a lot about Neenah but this was a very interesting article and I appreciated the thought that was put in this article.

3. Sophie Zeamer on November 19th, 2018 4:36 PM

I absolutely adored this article! While few in words the phrase “A photo is worth a 1000 words” stands true with this article. As I have grown up in this town I have come to appreciate its beauty more and more every day. We are all truly lucky to live in such a picturesque town. And while these photos are of places I have been many times some are from angles I have never seen before and have given me a new perspective to consider! Very nice job!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Neenah: Our Home

Photo Essays

Photo Essay: Tribute to Halloween Creativity

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

Combining Mathematical Sequence with Photography

• Neenah: Our Home

Photo Essays

Student Travels with Her Backpack

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

Photo Series: Students Gear Up for Valentine’s Day

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

A Glance at Fall

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

Scenes from the Activities Fair

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

Scenes from the Craft Fair

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

Powderpuff Photo Series: Make a Pick for Make a Wish

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

Homecoming Week Demonstrates School Spirit

• Neenah: Our Home

Features

Scenes From Activity Fair

Neenah: Our Home