Goodbye Unicorns, Hello Zombies!

Jacob Theisen, Staff Reporter

With Halloween around the corner, how are people celebrating this week? Halloween features dressing up in costumes, adventuring to haunted houses, and delighting in horror movies with friends. In addition to traditional fun Halloween festivities, community members can now welcome the spooky holiday with a special drink.

For a limited time, Starbucks has launched a new frappuccino for anyone with “frightful” taste buds. The Zombie Frappuccino consists of a green caramel apple base, red mocha drizzle and is topped with a pink whip to resemble brains. The promotion lasts from now until Oct. 31.

Expect the Zombie Frappuccino to go fast! When Starbucks released the Unicorn Frappuccino earlier this year, most stores sold out within several hours. If our Neenah Starbucks cannot resurrect any more zombies from the dead, try another famous Halloween frappuccino: the Frappula. The Frappula, which is named after its resemblance of a vampire; is crafted from a white mocha cream base frappuccino, drizzled with mocha on the bottom, topped with strawberry puree, and finished off with whip cream.

Caution: Few people are fans of the favor combination featured in the Zombie Frappuccino.  For example, sophomore Abby Donato shared that her initial reaction was positive.  Unfortunately, half-way through it, she found it was “gross.”

In contrast, the Frappula has quite a delicious surprise! No negative comments were recorded from  Starbucks fanatics.

The final word on the street is offered from sophomore Zoe Zoesch-Weigel. “I advise ordering a pumpkin-spice latte.”

Clearly, not all taste buds are ready for a supernatural surprise!