Art Students Take on France and Spain

Maddy Zitzelsberger, Student of Journalism

Adventure awaits 15 brave art students ready to take on two different countries: France and Spain.

International Travel Director and art teacher Lisa Dorschner provides a life changing opportunity for her students.

“Kids should explore out of their comfort zones and try something they never thought of doing.”

The time and effort invested by Dorschner is what made this trip unforgettable. Being responsible for all of the kids, Dorschner shared it wasn’t a challenging job considering they were all responsible young adults.

“The only thing that was difficult was staying together as we moved from landmark to landmark.”

She noted that students are flexible.  For example, things didn’t always work out in the real world. As workers strike at the Musee D’orsay Museum.

“We problem solve and move on to the next. It all ends up working well.”

Learning together in a place — a long way from home — teaches students numerous lessons about culture, environments and life. Staying positive is key for the students while they are learning.

Trolling by foot to discover new places pays off in the end. The opportunity to interact with teachers and other students in a unique environment promotes an enlightening experience.

Students bond.

“Walking around all day sure pays off in the end.”

Throughout the trip the students experience unique foods, architecture, landmarks, people and cultures. The trip is a tremendous educational and rare opportunity.

Hop on the Dorschner art bandwagon and voyage to Eastern Europe — adventure awaits!