Student Cautions Against High School Drama: Stop “the Tea”

High school drama -- now commonly known as the tea-- spreads negative vibes to people who serve happiness.

High school drama — now commonly known as “the tea”– spreads negative vibes to people who serve happiness.

Logan Laabs, Student of Journalism

Involved in theatre, Abby Brumbaugh is like every ordinary junior at NHS. Everyday Abby walks through the halls of Neenah with a smile shimmering on her face, as if she scores tickets to her favorite musical. Although feeling happy, her day is altered by the wake of drama hitting her ship.

High school drama — now commonly known as “the tea”– spreads negative vibes to people who serve happiness. Whether or not you are even stating the name of a person, the annoyance that people can have with high school drama brews.

“The type of tea, that I hate every day, is really things that are going on in the activities that I’m in and with my friends and how things are impacting their life and how people are treating them.”

This can also affect the feeling of others who aren’t apart of a situation.

“Normally it makes me feel insecure and it makes me second-guess my decisions.”

An example of a recent situation, recently resoluted:  Somebody says that I lied to a person that was very close to me and those things obviously weren’t true.

She loses trust of friends. She had lost motivation. She had lost her happiness. Abby then realizes she shouldn’t need others telling her truth. Abby gains her happiness by enjoying trustworthy friends and love by people that have been there through thick and thin.

This year, Abby, like any therapist, offers the following advise.

‘Know your own worth and know that not everybody is going to believe you, but that’s okay because the people that stick with you are the people that deserve to be in your life.”

So let’s stop “the tea.”