2022 Homecoming Plans Announced

Neenah Student Government Association, Press Release

*Content on this page was created by Student Government Association in an email sent directly to parents*

Hello Neenah High School Students, Parents & Staff, we are excited to welcome you to Homecoming Week 2022, in the final year, where 1275 Tullar Road will act as the headquarters of Neenah’s Homecoming Festivities. This marks an important milestone in our school district’s history as we focus on the future of Neenah, the past legacy we aim always to remember, and the present, which we want to make special for all students, especially the Senior Class of 2023.

With all these important timelines overlapping, this year’s Homecoming Theme is “Neenah: Past, Present, & Future.” We hope to use this theme to celebrate Neenah’s rich traditions, make new memories, and make Homecoming 2022 one to remember.

To tie into Neenah’s Past, the Homecoming Dance will be decorated in the style of a Disco Party, with areas for students to take pictures, tables for students to rest, and water and other snacks available to keep students replenished throughout the night.

Dance tickets will be available for purchase for $10 in the main lobby on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday before and after school. If you are purchasing tickets for guests, their paperwork needed to be submitted to the activities office on Thursday, September 22, 2022.

Homecoming 2022 Events:

This year, we have a variety of events planned for students and staff to bring together some Homecoming Fun.

On Tuesday night, the Student Activities Leadership Team (SALT) will host their annual Spikeball tournament at Rocket Stadium, starting at 6:00 PM. Later that evening, SGA will be hosting a drive-in movie on the side of Pickard Auditorium in the main parking lot from 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM. To play on our Homecoming game against the Kaukauna Ghosts, we will show the original Ghostbusters (PG). Concessions will be available by Door 3, including Popcorn, Drinks, and more!

Wednesday night, the annual Powder Puff Tournament will commence! Teams have already registered, and their t-shirts will be available for pick-up on Tuesday morning in the main office and throughout the day on Tuesday and Wednesday. Players and coaches are required to pay a $10 entry fee and donate one non-perisable item to support Helping Hunger’s Homecoming Drive! Non-perishable items can turn in their fees in the main office to Mrs. Tijan and drop off their cans while there. Teams registered for Powder Puff should arrive at Rocket Stadium at 5:30 PM on Wednesday, and games will begin at 6:00. Spectators are allowed; however, fans will also be required to donate a can of food to enter and watch the powder puff game. If they cannot bring a can, they can donate $1 to buy a can to put into the donation.

We will be holding our annual Homecoming Pep Rally during Champion Time Thursday Morning. During this assembly, the final round of Spikeball will be performed in an exhibition, and the champion Powder Puff team will be recognized!

We will close homecoming week with the parade at 5pm and Homecoming game at 7pm.  The Parade will begin once again at the City Pool on Park Avenue and finish on the east side of Downtown Neenah. Neenah Student Government Association is excited to announce the first annual Homecoming Float Contest this year! During the parade, every club, sport, or other group participating in Homecoming festivities will have the opportunity to win a $500 reward for their group, or they can choose to donate the money to a charity or community organization in their name. Floats will be judged based on their creativity, connection to this year’s Homecoming Theme-Neenah: Past, Present, & Future, group participation, and spirit. A panel of judges will vote on their top three floats, and the group with the lowest cumulative average will be named the Homecoming Parade Float Champions! Between the parade and game FUSION Academy will be hosting at tailgate celebration inside of Rocket Stadium. For $5.00 you can purchase a brat or hamburger with chips, a cookie, and a water while supplies last.

Homecoming 2022 Dress-Up Days:
Every year, students and staff come together to celebrate Homecoming week while participating in dress-up day. Students and staff members are all encouraged to participate!

Monday:
Grades 9-11: Country vs. Country Club, whether that’s as a cowboy, farmer, or western movie star, that’s up to you.
Seniors: Country Club, show off your golf skirts, ascots, sweaters, and white (even after labor day).
Teachers: Country

Tuesday:
All Students & Teachers: Come to school in your favorite Adam Sandler look. Baggy shirt,
baggy shorts, and the iconic hat.
Grades 9-11: Adam Sandler
Seniors: Tacky Tourist
Teachers: Adam Sandler

Wednesday: Generations Day
Freshman: Toddlers
Sophomores: Pre-Teens
Juniors: Middle-Age Adults (or Parents)
Seniors: The old generation AKA Senior Citizens
Teachers: High Schoolers

Thursday: Anything but a Backpack Day
All students bring their school supplies in anything BUT a backpack.
Seniors: Blackout
9-11 Students and Teachers: Redout