Rocket Players Announce Anastasia Show Dates and Ticket Information

Photo by: Elaina Plankey

Maddie Van Zeeland who performs the lead role of Anastasia holding the performance poster.

Marissa Derouso, Staff Writer

The Rocket Players host the fall musical, Anastasia, on Oct. 12-16 in Pickard Auditorium.

This musical retells the popular 1997 animated film, Anastasia, which is a beloved classic. Senior Maddie Van Zeeland, who performs the lead role of Anastasia, said that the story is incredible, magical and appropriate for all ages. 

Anastasia is Van Zeeland’s seventh show in Pickard, and it is her favorite by far. “The show has an incredibly dedicated cast and crew, who have put in numerous hours throughout the past two months,” she said.

The storyline revolves around one of history’s unanswered questions: “What happened to Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanov?” Over 100 students in the high school are participating in the musical: both cast and crew. The community can support them by finding out the answer to this major question.

Students, parents and all interested in this Broadway play can purchase tickets in the Pickard Lobby Box Office, located near Pickard Auditorium, or online, at rocketplayers.com. The musical has five shows starting during the 3rd week of October.

The shows on Oct. 12 – 15 start at 7 p.m., whereas the Saturday show, on Oct. 16, starts at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for seniors and students (fee applies for online orders). N.J.S.D. staff are provided one free ticket by showing their ID at the door.  Unfortunately, activity passes do not allow students into the show, Activity Director Mike Elkin confirmed.

New this year, classes have an opportunity to to win tickets to the show by winning an Anastasia-related trivia contest during Champion time.  Details will be revealed in classes this week.

The Rocket Players are excited for this musical and invite the student body to attend.

Pickard stage has been the home to many musicals over the years, but with a new high school coming, Anastasia is the last for a while. Come see Anastasia, and give Pickard one final goodbye, ” Van Zeeland said.