• April 9Thursday, April 4 Girls Soccer - Home vs. Bay Port, 7 p.m.
  • April 9Thursday, April 4 Softball - Home vs. Kimberly, 5 p.m.
  • April 9Wednesday, April 3 Baseball - Home vs. Kimberly, 4:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events

Polls

Do you have a summer job lined up?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Behind the Art of NHS

Learning the meaning behind it establishes appreciation and admiration

The current Neenah High School opened this year in September, but nobody knows the stories behind the art that fills the school. As students and staff get more and more acclimated to the new building, they begin to notice and take in the scenery around them. To know the meaning behind the art sets a new appreciation and admiration for it.

Neenah Joint School District’s Communication Coordinator, Jim Strick, played a huge role in decorating the school. In addition to the help of many committees that included just about every person who could add important input to these decisions.

Strick said that the committees were hard at work only a week after the referendum passed in April 2020.

Cooperating with an interior design company out of Minnesota called Art Partners Group, these committees worked for over a year. This company specializes in commercial designing and NHS was one of the first schools they designed. With their help, the committee branded a showcase school.

“We had to think of it [design of the school] somewhat from a high school student’s perspective,” Strick said.

Furthermore, the most important aspect of this whole project was that it had to appeal to high school students. A few committee students said they liked the quirky aspects of the old high school. Therefore, an Art Partners employee thought to make little Easter eggs throughout the school. The main one being the hidden rockets. Truth be told there are 30 hidden rockets throughout the school.

Students: have you found them all?

View Comments (1)