Seven Rockets Make Athletic Commitments
Photo by: Ava Yoblonski

Seven Rockets Make Athletic Commitments

Set perfect example of student athletes

Five Neenah seniors, Allie Ziebell, Austin Price, Benjamin Carey, Brady Corso, and Isabella Coulman signed their NLI to compete in athletics at the collegiate level on Nov. 8, and two additional seniors followed to bring the class of 2024 total to seven.

Allie Ziebell, the ESPN #4 player in the class of 2024 decided to play college basketball at the University of Connecticut, (UCONN) an accomplished Division 1 program located in Storrs, Conn. The main reasons Ziebell chose UCONN are because of the people and coaches there, and the amazing culture they have built. Ziebell is interested in majoring in the medical field or biology while in college. After college, she wants to continue with basketball whether it is playing or coaching, or she would like to be a technician or scientist. Ziebell earned a full-ride scholarship from UCONN. Last season, UCONN finished 31-6 and fell short of a national championship. In the eyes of UCONN, Ziebell is a slam dunk, and they are hoping she can help propel their team to win its 12th national championship.

Austin Price

Austin Price is playing baseball for the Huskies at St. Cloud State University, which is a Division 2 program located in St. Cloud, Minn. The main reason Price chose St. Cloud State is because it fits his major, which is statistics or mathematics. Price is knowledgeable in the math department, so he would like to be involved with math after his college days. Price is getting a 15 percent athletic scholarship from St. Cloud University. The St. Cloud State Huskies finished 33-20 last season, and they believe adding Price can help push them to the next level.

Ben Carey

Benjamin Carey is playing lacrosse at the University of Albany, division 1 program located in Albany, N.Y. “It’s my dream lacrosse program and has been since I started playing lacrosse,” Carey said when asked why he chose Albany. When Carey got an offer from Albany, the decision was as easy as pie. He plans on majoring in biology in college, and after college, he wants to be involved in physical therapy and possibly coach youth sports. Carey is getting a 25 percent athletic scholarship and a 25 to 30 percent academic scholarship based on his GPA this year. Last season, Albany finished 6-10, so adding Carey can hopefully help them get to a winning record.

Brady Corso

Brady Corso is playing basketball for the Lions of St. Leo University, which is a division 2 program located in St. Leo, Fla. Corso chose St. Leo because he believed it was the best decision for him and his future. Corso wants to major in either sports communication or sports medicine in college. After college, there are plenty of things he would be interested in doing.  His options include: being in the medical field, becoming a sports broadcaster, becoming a ref, or even becoming a grade school teacher. Corso earned a full-ride scholarship from St. Leo. The Lions finished 22-10 last season and are hoping Corso is the missing piece that can make these Lions roar to becoming a contender to win the national championship. 

Isabella Coulman is playing softball for the Phoenix at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, a Division 1 program located in Green Bay. Coulman chose Green Bay because of its location, which is close to home, and because of the academic programs and support offered. Coulman plans on majoring in psychology in college and after college would like to be a psychiatrist or a lawyer. She is receiving a full-tuition scholarship. The Phoenix record this last year was 22-31, so hopefully Coulman can help the Phoenix get a winning record.

Rachel Dietrich is running track and field at Northern Illinois University, which is a division 1 program located in Dekalb, Ill. Dietrich chose this school because she liked the coach’s philosophy, she liked the girls on the team, and she enjoyed the campus and facilities. She has involved herself in four different sports throughout high school; finishing up cross country this fall, currently playing with Ziebell on the girls’ basketball team, playing soccer in previous years, and of course running track this spring. Dietrich plans on majoring in biology in college and after college would like to do something in forensic science. Dietrich is receiving a 40 percent tuition scholarship. 

Tavian Ramos is playing baseball at Cornell University, which is a Division 1 program located in Ithaca, N.Y. Ramos chose the school because of the education and he was a big fan of the campus. Ramos is not quite sure what he wants to major in yet, but he is deciding between business economics and psychology. When he is out of college, his dream is to play pro baseball. Cornell is an Ivy League school, so Ramos is getting more on his financial aid and has the luxury of attending a prestigious college. Cornell finished 9-26 last season and hopes that Ramos can get them back on the right track when he arrives next year. 

These seven Rockets set the perfect example of being student-athletes. They have shown grit and perseverance to get themselves to the athletic level in which they will soon be competing. They show up to school every day and are great students who work hard in the classroom. Neenah Rocket fans hope to see all of these Rockets continue to succeed, everywhere they will be competing.

Commits: Benjamin Carey, Brady Corso, Austin Price