• April 9Thursday, April 4 Girls Soccer - Home vs. Bay Port, 7 p.m.
  • April 9Thursday, April 4 Softball - Home vs. Kimberly, 5 p.m.
  • April 9Wednesday, April 3 Baseball - Home vs. Kimberly, 4:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events

Polls

Do you have a summer job lined up?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Neenah High School Educator Runs for Public Office

Borchardt for Mayor

In the April 2022 mayoral election, first-time Neenah High School voters saw a familiar name on the ballot. Brian Borchardt, a teacher at Neenah High School, ran his campaign alongside his wife as they knocked on every door in Neenah. As a former civics teacher, he jumped at the chance to run for office.

Brian Borchardt crowching, posing next to a sign that reads "Brian Borchardt for Mayor" with his dog.
Borchardt campaigns in Neenah.

Borchardt takes the risk to walk the talk after encouraging his students to get involved throughout his teaching career. His passion for civics and helping others fuels his race for the mayoral campaign. He enters with one goal in mind: to serve his community. He envisions using his time and talents to create a ripple effect of positivity throughout his community and beyond.

The close race between Borchardt and current Neenah Mayor Jane Lang proves the value of his intentions. Although he lost the election, Borchardt didn’t stop pursuing his goal. He grows his presence in the Neenah Community by dedicating himself as President of the City Council. He encourages anyone with the ability to do so to find a way to get involved.

“Service to others has to be part of your core.”

He leads NHS students to a life of service by example on the local and global scale. He takes on a mentor role for young leaders pursuing student government here at Neenah and through programs such as Neenah Without Borders where he leads service-based mission trips around the world.

Transcending distance, he hopes to leave a legacy of inspiring others.

What’s on the horizon for Borchardt? For now, he finds fulfillment in investing himself in his established commitments to the community. He applauds Lang for her often unnoticed efforts and does not plan to run anytime soon.

However, with his spirit for service, he never says never.

View Comments (1)