• March 1Friday, March 1 Boys Basketball - WIAA Regional Semifinal, Home vs. Eau Claire North, 7 p.m. (NHS Gym)
  • March 1Thursday, February 29 Girls Basketball - WIAA Sectional Semifinal vs. Hudson, 7 p.m. (at D.C. Everest)

Upcoming Events
  • March 2Saturday, March 2 District Solo/Ensemble, 8 a.m. (NHS Fine Arts area)
  • March 2Saturday, March 2 Girls Basketball - WIAA Sectional Final vs. Hortonville or Eau Claire Memorial, 1 p.m. (at Appleton East)
  • March 2Saturday, March 2 Boys Basketball - WIAA Regional Final, Home vs. Hortonville OR at Superior, 7 p.m.

Charlotte’s Web Performance Makes History

Photo by: Ava Yoblonski

Neenah High School student’s presented Charlotte’s Web Feb. 1-4 in the black box theater!

Each night (Feb. 1-3) they performed at 7 p.m and on Sunday (Feb. 4) they had their final performance at 2 p.m.

Britannica, an online encyclopedia, gave insight on what Charlotte’s Web is all about: “Charlotte’s Web is about a pig named Wilbur and his devoted friend Charlotte, the spider who managed to save his life by writing about him in her web… Wilbur learned to cope with fear, loss, mortality, and loneliness.”  

Students represented that perfectly; as this drama enthusiast viewed the play Thursday, Feb. 1. The actress who played Wilbur, Erin Heyes (Junior), showed the emotions to perfection. With all the actors, they brought new life to the characters from the children’s book! 

Claudia Bjornstad (Junior), who plays Gander, one of the geese, explained what the best part of behind stage action.

“I loved the costumes, the costumes are so cute. The costume makers put so much into really understanding each character and making really awesome costumes. Our light crew stayed really long nights to make sure our lighting is perfect for the mood that we wanted to portray in the scenes. Just all of our crew does a wonderful job setting things up,” Bjornstad said. 

With the new NHS building, this was the first performance in the first official black box of NHS history. With that, props to the cast and crew for getting through all the kinks of holding Charlotte’s Web in a new performance vicinity!

View Comments (1)