Life Lesson: Life is a Series of Trial and Errors

Brian+Borchardt+is+the+epitome+of+success+through+trial+and+error.+

Brian Borchardt is the epitome of success through trial and error.

Brian Borchardt is the epitome of success through trial and error. Now an upstanding teacher and mentor to many, Brian has evolved tremendously since his years of high school and college.

Ironically, even the most inspirational of people note trouble finding who they are.

Brian’s problematic early years prove to be the foundation of the exceptional teacher, mentor and father that he is today. 

“Our ups and downs and mistakes make us who we are; the only thing I would’ve changed is spending more time with my dad. Besides that, I have not a lot of regrets because I truly believe everything that happens is what forms a person internally.” 

In his freshman year, he transfers from a Catholic school.

Throughout junior and senior year, Brian meets his closest friends — that’s when everything starts to consolidate. Leaving with a 2.8-2.9 GPA, Brian realizes he lacks focus and change brews.

After high school graduation, Brian encounters the cold reality of college. Brian insists that college is extremely different from high school. With college being an independent setting, he nearly fails freshman year because of conflicts within himself. Second semester, spring of ’91 Brian joins a fraternity to be a part of something positive, which requires him to improve his grades; thus creating a supportive base for motivation outside of himself, he does the right thing. Everyone needs that “crutch” to keep them up — the fraternity is Brian’s.

Now, he leads various at-risk programs, Reach, Strive and Neat, and also leads  LAUNCH teams and aids children every day not only with school but guidance. In Brian’s eyes, life is predicated on experiences.

“ I love getting older and wiser because we learn more.” 

He takes pleasure in his trials and errors, which he equates to his overall growth as a learner.

“That’s the way life goes.”