• March 1Friday, March 1 Boys Basketball - WIAA Regional Semifinal, Home vs. Eau Claire North, 7 p.m. (NHS Gym)
  • March 1Thursday, February 29 Girls Basketball - WIAA Sectional Semifinal vs. Hudson, 7 p.m. (at D.C. Everest)

Upcoming Events
  • March 2Saturday, March 2 District Solo/Ensemble, 8 a.m. (NHS Fine Arts area)
  • March 2Saturday, March 2 Girls Basketball - WIAA Sectional Final vs. Hortonville or Eau Claire Memorial, 1 p.m. (at Appleton East)
  • March 2Saturday, March 2 Boys Basketball - WIAA Regional Final, Home vs. Hortonville OR at Superior, 7 p.m.

Polls

What are your thoughts on Parent-Teacher Conferences?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Dedicated Teacher Shares Love of Travel with High School Students

Dorschner provides educational travel opportunities during summer
Photo by: Lisa Dorschner submission

While most finish the last day of school not only feeling gloomy, but relieved because they get a break from the teachers and students, Mrs. Lisa Dorschner leaves feeling confident in her lit summer itinerary, which connects students and teachers together.

She knows that she is giving students a lifetime opportunity to travel abroad.

After consulting with other teachers in the Neenah Without Borders group and the tour company, she says one final goodbye to America before heading off to France and Spain. Trips give students the opportunity to experience the culture, architecture and beauty of a different part of the world.     

While many different trips are offered via Neenah High School, she is never given an opportunity to participate in this as a high school student. She travels abroad when she is a junior in college, which inspires her. That trip teaches to value travel.

“Give students an opportunity to experience what I did.”

Now, she welcomes the experience to expose students to something that she knows changes lives.

Giving students these incredible moments inspires her as an art teacher with a love for traveling.

Traveling the south of France gave everyone on the trip a once in a lifetime visit to some of the places where famous artists work, live and paint in Paris.

This offers an incredible chance to receive an educational view on art by the artists that students study. She provides the “opportunity” that sparks her.

She teaches students that travel is life changing and a great time to discover more passions and explore scholarships.

Walking down the foreign streets of Spain, everyone is blown away by the incredible architecture done by Antone Guadi who often recycled beautiful tiles from house projects to create beautiful garden murals around the city of Barcelona.

Experiencing travel with students as a teacher, she comes full circle — sharing the spark of travel to ignite learning!