There’s a First Time for Everything

Lexie focused on trying to nurse herself back to health her freshman year.

“Ever since I was little, I knew I wanted to go to college,” Lexie explains.

UW- Oshkosh vs UW-Green Bay?

Unsure of what she wants to do and where she wants to go Lexie follows her boyfriend of two years to UW- Oshkosh. Looking forward to the many fun filled years she has ahead of her because she finally made it. As the first in her family to attend college, school has always come easy to Lexie. Finding it fairly easy to keep her grades up her freshman year, her main concern is being sick as a dog all year.

Throughout living in the dorms that first year she endures:

Colds.

Mono.

Flu.

Flu.

Flu.

A tad nervous, Lexie studies all night in preparation for her final the next day. Then, she wakes up  feeling nauseous, dizzy, and weak. She is barely able to even stand in the shower.

Although she feels super sick, she determines that attending class that day was extremely important.

Suddenly, she her body heaves and she threw up 40 minutes before her first college final. Not because she is nervous, but because she has the flu. That isn’t the end of it though. Instead of cramming to study during the two hours between her next final, she spends time sleeping and puking. Wobbling her way to her next class she rushes to finish the last few questions, then runs outside and pukes next to a tree. In stark contrast to college offering the party life, Lexie focused on trying to nurse herself back to health her freshman year.

There’s a first time for everything right?

Puking 40 minutes before a final.

First college final.

Puking by a tree after another final.

Mono.

Being the first in her family to attend college.
After this all, she still returned to Oshkosh the next year.