From Lost Senior to Guidance

In high school, Marcy is involved and active in her schools activities:  student council, class officer and cheerleader for the basketball team.

In high school, Marcy is involved and active in her school’s activities:  student council, class officer and cheerleader for the basketball team.

Caught in a maze, unable to find the correct path; like many seniors in high school, Marcy Bauman has no idea which direction to take. Flash forward years into adulthood and she’s helping students in a similar situation as her figure out their passions and future paths.

Originally the plan features dental hygiene, but throughout her high school career, her plan for the future constantly evolves.

Eventually, Marcy’s plan transforms into criminal justice as she arrives at her college of choice, UW-Platteville. The classes offered in the major of criminal justice fascinates; she dives into her studies. Along with the major of Criminal Justice, she minors in sociology.

Although the classroom experience is wonderful, Marcy hits another wall when she goes on a job shadow with a probation officer and doesn’t feel the passion. She calls her parents hoping for some guidance, but this is something for her to do on her own. She feels frustration not knowing what to do.

Young and confused, she abandons the path in which she invisions.

Moving to UW-Lacrosse, she goes to graduate school for sociology where she truly found a love for working with people. She offers advice: “Trust the process.”

Through trial and error,  Marcy narrows the path and advances herself; she allows her passion to guide.

Learning to value her sense of befuddlement, Marcy thrives in a career she loves. Today she stands in front of a classroom full of 18-year-old seniors who seek foresight.

As she guides them through the maze she walked through years ago, she urges them to trust the process.